If you have a road trip planned, trivia questions are one of the best things for keeping people entertained in our humble opinion! So wile away the hours in the car with these 61 fun road trip trivia questions and answers.
As the days get longer, and the nights get warmer, you’ll get that feeling in your bones, and you’ll start to feel the call of the open road.
You’ll want to load up the car or the RV with snacks and supplies, get the map out, and set off. Or maybe you need to make the red-eye cross country if you’re moving house, or visiting relatives.
Whatever the reason for your road trip, you can be certain of keeping everyone entertained, young and old, with these road trip trivia questions and answers.
Let’s kick off our bumper list with some general questions. These are perfect for a warm-up, as we’ve got some real brain teasers later on!
1. Who was the first US President?
2. What was Superman’s biological birth name?
3. How old did the oldest person in the world live to?
122 years old
4. Sean Combs is better known as?
5. What is the 3rd book in the Harry Potter series?
Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Which country invented tea?
7. In the comic book world, what does DC stand for?
8. Which cartoon character lives in a pineapple under the sea?<br />
9. What is the smallest country in the world?
10. Where does the rock band AC/DC come from?
11. Who wrote the Lord of the Rings?
12. Michael Jordan played with the Chicago Bulls for a lot of his career. How many NBA championships did he win with that team?
13. What is the name of Aquaman’s home?
14. What type of fish is Nemo from Finding Nemo?
15. The unicorn is the national animal of which country?
16. How old is the Solar System?
4,5 billion years old
17. An octothorpe is the official name for which famous symbol?
USA Road Trip Trivia Questions and Answers
How much do you and your passengers know about where you’re driving? Test your traveling companions with these crafty questions to see how much they know about the USA as you’re driving through!
1. Which is the only US state that begins with the letter ‘P’?
2. How many miles of road does the USA have? a) 24 million b) 107 million c) 253 million?
c) 253 million miles
3. What was New York called before it was called New York?
4. Which state is Mount Rushmore in?
5. Which is the longest interstate highway in the USA?
6. Which state has the longest coastline?
Alaska, with 6,640 miles of coastline
7. Which state has the largest landmass?
8. What are the five Great Lakes?
Superior, Ontario, Huron, Michigan, Erie
9. Which state has the nickname ‘Finlandia’, and why?
Minnesota, because it’s a similar shape to Finland
10. What is the official nickname of Texas?
The Lone Star State
11. Who was the tallest US President?
12. How much does it cost to make a dollar bill?
13. How many versions of the American flag have there been?
14. What is it illegal to do with a fork in Georgia?
Eat fried chicken
World Trivia Questions and Answers
Think you know a lot about the USA? Well, let’s see how you get on with some questions about the rest of the world! This section is for all you would-be globe trotters out there. Pack your passports and get ready for a gallop around the globe.
1. Which country is the most earthquake-prone?
2. Which is the driest continent?
3. How many time zones are there in the world?
4. What is the busiest cruise port in the world?
5. Which country does the Olympic Games originate from?
6. Which country has the most lakes in the world?
Canada - with over 3 million lakes!
7. Where does coffee originate from?
8. Which tunnel links England and France?
The Channel Tunnel
9. What is the happiest language in the world?
10. Where would you find the Spanish Steps?
11. Where would you find an island entirely inhabited by rabbits?
The Japanese island of Okunoshima
12. What is the longest river in South America?
The Amazon River
13. Which is the largest Mediterranean island?
14. Which country has the most volcanoes in the world?
15. How many languages are there in the world? a) Under 1,000 b) 1,000 - 6,000 c) Over 6,000
c) Over 6,000. 6,500
Road Trip Riddles
If you have done well with these road trip trivia questions and answers, you might be feeling cocky and in need of something extra. As a little bonus, see if you can work out the answers to these head-scratching riddles.
1. What has a bottom at the top?
2. What do you have to break before using it?
3. What has four legs but only one foot?
4. What is an odd number that becomes even if you take a letter away?
5. What 5 letter word becomes shorter when you add 2 letters?
6. What month has 28 days?
All of them
7. What’s always in front of you but can’t be seen?
8. What goes up, but never goes down?
9. What has many keys but can’t open a lock?
10. When does today come before yesterday?
In a dictionary
11. What goes up and down but doesn’t move?
12. What has hands but can’t clap?
13. What has legs but can’t walk?
14. What kind of band never plays music?
A rubber band
15. What is the only question you can never answer ‘yes’ to?
‘Are you asleep yet?’
If you’ve loved these road trip trivia questions and answers, then check out these trivia topics:
79 United States Geography Trivia Questions and Answers
Best 1980s Trivia Questions and Answers
Other Road Trip Games
Looking for more games to play on your next road trip? Check out this video for some inspiration:
Road trips can be the most fun things to get involved with. The excitement of getting everything and everyone together, the anticipation of arriving, seeing parts of the country you may never have seen before – we love it all, and we’re sure you do too!
However, it happens with every epic road trip – sometimes you get bored. And it’s moments like those when you need our bumper batch of fun road trip trivia questions and answers to keep everyone entertained!
From young and old, from driver to passenger, everyone can get involved in our fun road trip trivia questions and answers, and you’re guaranteed to be entertained for hours.