Some facts are just plain strange. From animals to celebrities to movies to science, there are tons of weird trivia questions to learn about.
Do you know, for example, which reptile can predict earthquakes? Or which singer lost her own lookalike contest? Or which fruit is radioactive?
This weird trivia quiz will certainly keep you on your toes. It will also give you some great facts to share with your friends!
Ready to give it a try?
Related: Art Trivia | Color Trivia | General Trivia | Nearly Impossible Trivia | Psychology Trivia | Work-Based Trivia
General Weird Trivia Questions and Answers
Let’s get the ball rolling with some general weird trivia.
This category will keep you guessing! From animals to toys to song lyrics, you’re bound to learn something new here.
If you’re up for the challenge, give the following fifteen questions a try.
Okay, let’s go!
1. What is the Cookie Monster's real name?
2. True or false - it's a federal crime to share your Netflix password in the US.
3. What was the first toy to be advertised on TV?
Mr. Potato Head
4. Which two bird species can recognize themselves in a mirror?
Magpies and pigeons
5. How many times does Carly Rae Jepsen sing the word 'really' in her song 'I Really Like You'?
6. Which university is older than the state it is named for?
The University of Minnesota
7. Which movie has a Starbucks cup in every scene?
8. As of 2019, how many visitors did the website MySpace have per month?
9. What is the Cookie Monster's real name?
10. How long can a snail sleep for?
11. What is the official animal of Scotland?
12. What is the collective name for unicorns?
13. Which reptile can predict earthquakes?
14. From which Celtic word do we get the word 'Jurassic'?
15. One item of clothing is exempt from taxes in Texas. What is it?
Weird Trivia Questions for Adults
The following questions are for the grown-ups.
Covering topics like death, strange eBay listings, and bizarre phobias, this round is better suited to adults than kids.
The following trivia questions are weird and wonderful and definitely worth a try!
Let’s get going with fifteen weird trivia questions for adults.
1. What is responsible for more deaths - sharks or selfies?
2. In what state is it illegal to swear in front of a corpse?
3. Where does the word 'mortgage' come from?
From the French word for 'dead pledge'
4. What celebrity-related was listed on eBay in February 2007 for $1 million before being taken down?
Britney Spears's hair
5. What job did Pope Francis have before he became the Pope?
A nightclub bouncer
6. The inventor of the frisbee died at the age of 90. What happened to his body?
His ashes were turned into a frisbee
7. What is omphalophobia?
A fear of belly buttons
8. How many bodies lay on Mount Everest?
More than 300
9. What animal could die if they have a year of no sex?
10. In which country is beer classified as a soft drink up until the year 2011?
11. Which common spice can be poisonous in large quantities?
12. What once killed 80% of the world's sheep population?
A volcanic eruption
13. Which candy was designed to make smokers quit their habit?
14. When was the longest gap between twins being born?
15. Who was the first man to pee on the moon?
Weird Funny Trivia Questions and Answers
If you want to laugh, the following questions are for you!
Sometimes, life is so strange that you can’t help but giggle. Old (and very strange) laws, actors with particular phobias, ghosts, and sea creatures: you’ll find them all in this section.
Think you know your strange, hilarious facts?
The following fifteen weird funny trivia questions will put you to the test!
1. In which country is it illegal to own just one guinea pig to prevent the animal's loneliness?
2. How long was the longest ever game of Monopoly?
3. What is the actor Johnny Depp afraid of?
4. Where is it illegal to be drunk while in charge of cows?
5. How old is the oldest piece of chewing gum?
9,000 years old
6. Which sport has been played on the moon?
7. In which country does more than half of the population believe in elves, dwarves, and ghosts?
8. Which famous singer lost in her own lookalike contest?
9. Which animal has a regional accent?
10. What color was Coca-Cola originally?
11. In which US state is it illegal to eat fried chicken with a fork?
12. What sea creature has been used in wars?
13. Which famous singer composed the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3?
14. Can humans sneeze in their sleep?
15. In Italy, it's considered bad luck to bump into …
Weird Science Trivia Questions and Answers
Science is incredible, and sometimes, studies can throw up the strangest facts you weren’t expecting.
Without scientific research, we wouldn’t know the weight of clouds, or which substance works against gravity, or about radioactive fruit.
Science has given us a ton of interesting facts to learn!
Try the next fifteen weird science trivia questions to find out more.
1. What is the heaviest a cloud can weigh?
A million pounds
2. Which animal laughs when they are tickled?
3. What is there more of: trees on earth, or stars in our galaxy?
Trees on earth
4. What substance can work against gravity?
5. True or false: water can freeze and boil at the same time
6. Which fruit is radioactive?
7. Where do grasshoppers have ears?
In their bellies
8. True or false: gamers are better at decision-making.
9. What can make you allergic to red meat?
10. What item of clothing can save you money while shopping?
11. The bigger your brain, the longer you take to …
12. How often does a human blink per minute?
13. Which is the only muscle that never tires?
14. Across a lifetime, how much time do humans spend on the toilet?
15. Which food never spoils, even after thousands of years?
More Weird Trivia – Video Quiz
That’s a wrap for our weird trivia quiz! If you want to keep playing, check out more of our fun quizzes:
Thanks for trying out our wacky and weird trivia questions; hopefully, you’ve learned something new! Hope to see you soon for another quiz.