Work, work, work. Some people love it, and some hate it. But no matter what your preference is, we all have one thing in common – we’ve all got to do it! If you’re looking to put some fun into your work and see how much you or your colleagues might know – or think they know – about the world of work, have a go at these work trivia questions and answers.
Whether you’re a newcomer to the workplace or you’re the CEO, now could be your time to shine as you prove your prowess and show your colleagues just how much you know about all things office.
Keep your team titillated with these 64 work-based trivia questions and answers at your next trivia night.
Let’s kick things off with some more general work trivia questions and answers to get you nicely warmed up and to give you a bit of a taste of what’s to come. Good luck!
1. According to surveys, what is the most annoying thing that a colleague does?
Not wash their coffee cup
2. Where was paper invented?
3. True or false - office workers tend to swear more at the office than at home?
4. Which global company allows employees to bring their dogs to work?
5. On average, how far do a typist's hands travel in a day?
6. On an average day, how long does an employee spend looking for lost files or other items?
7. 79% of employees believe that it is important to have what in the workplace?
79% of people believe it is important to have fun in the workplace
8. What do 91% of office workers say they get involved in at the workplace but not at home?
9. When we think, how much of our brain is used? (a) More than 50% or (b) Less than 50%?
(b) Less than 50%. 35%
10. On average, how often is the manager of a company interrupted?
Every 8 minutes
11. What percentage of employees often make risky or higher-priced purchases using company money?
12. What percentage of office workers have been in a romantic relationship with someone they work with?
13. What percentage of all bosses wish that an employee would quit?
27% of all bosses have an employee they wish would quit
14. What percentage of office workers believe that access to social media increases their productivity?
Business History Trivia Questions & Answers
Humans have been working for as long as there have been humans, so you can understand that there’ve been a fair few milestones and amazing things that have happened! But how much do you know about the history of worldwide business? Time to find out.
1. Which was the first company ever to get a capitalization of $1 trillion?
2. Who built the first Apple computer?
3. At what age did Bill Gates become a billionaire?
4. ‘Backrub’ was the original name of which company?
5. Which German city produces the largest number of Volkswagen cars?
6. Which company spent $200 million more than its rival on TV adverts during the 1970s?
Procter & Gamble
7. A ‘Ponzi’ scheme is the formal name for what sort of fraudulent scheme?
A Pyramid scheme
8. By 1996, how many game cartridges had Nintendo sold, marking a global first?
9. Elvis Presley only did one live TV commercial during his lifetime. Who was it for?
Southern Maid Donuts
10. ‘Drivers Wanted’ is the slogan for which car manufacturer?
11. ‘Quantum Computer Services’ was the original name for which company?
12. What was Nike’s original company name?
Blue Ribbon Sports
13. You have probably played a SEGA game during your lifetime. But what is SEGA short for?
14. What could you get from the first vending machine?
15. Which company has the slogan ‘just slightly ahead of our time’?
16. Lamborghini didn’t originally produce cars. What did they initially manufacture?
17. The world’s oldest auction house, founded in 1674, is in which city?
18. Sears manufactured a product called ‘Allstates’ in the 1950s. What were they?
19. David Rosen founded which company in the 1950s?
20. Which company had the original company name of ‘the Haloid Company’?
21. Jeff Bezos is the founder of which global company?
22. Financial institution Prudential offered their customers a unique gift in the 1980s. What was it?
A piece of rock
23. The DuPont family is one of the wealthiest families in the USA. How did they first make their mark in business?
By manufacturing explosives
24. Who was the first woman to own a seat in the New York stock exchange?
25. Which department store ended up filing for bankruptcy in 1992?
26. Dave Thomas founded which fast-food chain?
27. Which automobile manufacturer was the first to celebrate 100 years of business?
Film & TV Work-Based Trivia Questions & Answers
The workplace has been the setting for so many TV shows and films – from Mad Men to the Office. And if you’re going to split hairs, maybe even Die Hard counts – it was set in an office block, after all!
This round is for the movie buffs. How much do you know about the world of work in film and TV? Check out our list of trivia questions and answers below.
1. What was the name of the main character who worked at Wellman Plastics?
2. In the 2013 film ‘The Crazy Ones,’ what industry is Robin Williams working in?
3. What is the name of the show created by and starring Tina Fey set in the NBC offices?
4. Who does Stan Smith from American Dad! work for?
5. What is the name of the paper company featured in the US sitcom The Office?
6. And what is the name of the paper company that is featured in the UK sitcom The Office?
Wernham Hogg Paper Company
7. Where does Dr. Gregory House work?
Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital
8. Where did Penny from Big Bang Theory work?
9. When Frasier moved from Boston to Seattle, he started working at a radio station. What was the radio station called?
10. True or false - the Ewing family from the hit show Dallas were involved in the newspaper business.
11. Where did Dr. Temperance Brennan, the lead actor from Bones, do most of her forensic research?
12. Where did Herman Munster from the Munsters work?
Gateman, Goodbury, and Graves
13. Newsday is the fictional newspaper that which sportswriter featured in a hit TV show worked for?
Ray Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond worked at Newsday
14. What is the name of the taxi company in the TV series ‘Taxi’?
Sunshine Cab Company
15. Where did Don Draper from Mad Men work?
16. What was the name of the fashion magazine featured on Ugly Betty?
17. In the movie Office Space, how much work does Peter actually get done?
18. What does Jerry Maguire do to end up getting fired from his job at Sports Management International (SMI)?
Jerry, played by Tom Cruise, criticizes his workmates for their impersonal work practices.
19. What is the name of the iconic shrimp company, purportedly owned by a character played by Tom Hanks?
Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company
20. Where do Spongebob and Patrick go to eat?
The Krusty Krab
21. The Bluth Company is a property developer in which TV show?
22. Iron Man’s suits are secretly created by which fictional corporation?
23. Which film features the company Buy N Large?
Enjoyed these work trivia questions and answers? You should definitely check out these then:
We hope you’ve enjoyed these work trivia questions and answers! How many did you get right? Whether you and your colleagues had a clean sweep or need to brush up on your work-based knowledge, the most important thing is that you’ve had a good time.
These questions are perfect for an office quiz or to help with team-building and getting to know new employees, so see who comes out as the office boffin!